Add a video and images to a blog post
Images and videos not only give your blog post more meaning, they also give your blog post more visual interest.
This video is part of the How-To series for Using a Blog for Your Business.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- In your Dashboard, go to Marketing > Blog.
- Select Create Post. Or go to an existing post you want to update, hover over the Settings menu and select Edit Post
- With your cursor in the text area, use the + to add images, video or a divider.
- Images: Adding blog post images are similar to adding an image to your website.
- Upload a new image or select from recently added images, royalty-free stock images, collections, social media images, and more. In the upper right corner, search for key words in both your own uploaded images or stock images.
- Once you've chosen your image, select Insert.
- Zoom in on your image and select the alignment. Then choose to add a caption and describe the image for SEO and accessibility. Finally, you can link a blog post image to a URL.
- Video: Paste the URL of your video in the box. If you've uploaded a video to your Media Library, you can find the link in your Vimeo account.
- Dividers: Dividers are simple lines that give a visual separation between two sections. To remove a divider, select the dividing line and press the Backspace or Delete key on your keyboard.
- Learn more about GoDaddy's partnership with Vimeo and how to connect your GoDaddy and Vimeo accounts.
- Create professional-looking images, no design experience necessary.
- Remember to add a blog post section to your site so people can read your posts.
- Remember to add a category to your post. Categories allow you to create multiple blogs on your site.