Add a YouTube or Vimeo video to my site using an external link
Display a YouTube or Vimeo video on your website by linking to it from your website. Or you can upload your own video using Vimeo.
Watch a short video of this task further down the page.
Need a little extra guidance? Get expert advice for setting up your own studio from a GoDaddy Guide.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Website > Edit Site to open your site editor.
- Go to the page and location you want to add your video, and add a section.
- Search for the Video section and select the layout you want. Or you can upload your own video using Vimeo.
- If you have more than one video in your layout, select the video you want to change.
- In the right panel, paste your YouTube or Vimeo link into the Video URL field.
- Personalize the Title and Video Description with text of your own either in the right panel or in the page itself.
- When you're ready, publish your site to make the changes visible.
Show me how
- Choose my video end screen options.
- Instead of YouTube, learn more about the partnership between Vimeo and GoDaddy and how it allows you to upload your own videos.
- Connect your GoDaddy account to Vimeo to upload additional videos, edit your videos and configure your video player settings.
- Upload a video to your website header.