Add a YouTube or Vimeo video to my site using an external link
Display a YouTube or Vimeo video on your website by linking to it from your website.
This video is part of the How-To series for Advanced Design and Media in Website Builder.
Need a little extra guidance? Get expert advice for setting up your own studio from a GoDaddy Guide.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Go to the page and location you want to add your video, and add a section.
- Browse under Audio & Video or General categories for sections that have videos, or search for Video in the section search bar. Choose the layout you want and select Add.
- If you have more than one image or video in your layout, select the image or video you want to change.
- If you are using a section that allows both images and videos, such as a Content or Introduction section, choose Video above the image to get to the Video menu.
- In the right panel, paste your YouTube or Vimeo link into the Video URL field. Or you can select Upload, select, or create a video to add your own video or create a customized video.
- Personalize the Title and Video Description with text of your own either in the right panel or in the page itself.
- When you're ready, publish your site to make the changes visible.
- Create your own video.
- Choose my video end screen options.
- Instead of YouTube, learn more about the partnership between Vimeo and GoDaddy and how it allows you to upload your own videos.
- Connect your GoDaddy account to Vimeo to upload additional videos, edit your videos and configure your video player settings.
- Upload a video to your website header after reading about header video best practices.
- Watch the Making a Plan For Your Video How-To lesson video, part of the Be Your Own Creative Agency course.