Add an image site background in WordPress
You can use the WordPress editor to add an image as your site's background.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the left-side menu, select Appearance and then Customize.
- On the left-side menu, depending on your theme customization options, select Background Image (or Background and then Background Image).
- If the background image has not been previously set up, select Select image. If there is already a background image, select Change Image.
- Choose the image you want to be your site's background.
- If the image was previously uploaded to your site's media library, select the Media Library tab and then select the image you want to use.
- If the image is on your local computer, select the Upload files tab and then Select Files. On your local computer, find the image you want to use and then select Open.
- Select Choose image. The image appears as your site's background.
- (Optional) On the left-side menu, customize other options, such as configuring the image to repeat or have a specific position.
- Select Publish.
Visit your site in the incognito or private browsing mode in the Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browsers to check if the image displays correctly.