Add secondary or alias domains to my Linux Hosting account
You can add secondary or alias domain names to any type of hosting account. However, what you can do with additional domain names depends on the type of hosting plan you have. For more information, see What type of hosting account do I have?
|Secondary||Secondary domains have websites hosted in separate folders that work independently of the primary domain. |
Available for all plans except Economy. You can have as many secondary domains as you like, but we don't recommend using shared hosting for more than ten websites - that taxes the server resources and hinders performance.
For more information, see Add addon domains to host multiple websites in Linux Hosting.
|Aliases||Alias domains display the primary domain's website with a different domain name/URL. Available for all plans.|
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, do one of the following depending on how you want to configure the domain name:
- In the Domains section, click Addon Domains.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Add Domain:
Field What to do... New Domain Name Enter the domain name you want to use. Subdomain/FTP Username Enter the FTP username you want to use. Document Root Enter the name of a directory you want to create in the home directory. You'll upload the New Domain Name's files to this directory to make its website display. Password & Password (Again) Enter the FTP password you want to use.
- In the Domains section, click Aliases, enter the domain you want to use, and then click Add Domain.
If you want to alias a domain other than the hosting account's primary domain, click (Cog). From this page, enter the URL to which you want to redirect the aliased domain, and then click Save.
For the domain name to access the hosting account, you must update its DNS. How to do this depends on the account where the domain is located:
|The domain is...||You need to...|
|In the same GoDaddy account||Do nothing! We'll update the domain name's DNS.|
|In a different GoDaddy account||Manually update the DNS.|
|Registered elsewhere||Update your domain's nameservers.|
- Here's the home page for all our Linux Hosting (cPanel) help articles.
- For more help with using cPanel Admin, see the cPanel documentation.