Change my 2-step verification phone number
To change your 2-step verification phone number, you need to delete the existing number and then add the new one to your account. Even if you changed the phone number on your GoDaddy My Profile page, you still need to update the number for 2SV.
Required: If you don't have access to the device you used when you set up 2-step verification, see Cancel 2-step verification.
Step 1: Delete the existing phone number
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page.
- You might be prompted to sign in. If you enabled 2SV, enter the code from your phone or authenticator app, or insert your security key.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Edit.
- Select SMS, then select Delete.
- Select Remove. A success message will display and we'll turn off 2SV immediately.
Step 2: Add the new phone number
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page. You might be prompted to sign in.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Add Verification.
- Select SMS text messages and then select Next.
- Enter your new phone number and select Next.
- Enter the 6-digit code we text you (it's good for the next 20 minutes), then select Next. Once we verify your updates, you'll see a succcess message.
- For the best available security, you can use a hardware key for 2-step verification.