Change my FTP password for Windows Hosting
Follow these steps to change the FTP password for your Windows Hosting account. When you first set up your account, we auto-generate a password for you, but to access your account through FTP (or to sign in directly to Plesk) you should change the password to something you know.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting, and next to the Windows Hosting account you want to manage, select Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, in the Settings section, note your Plesk Login. This is also your primary FTP username (and your Plesk username).
- Next to Password, select Change.
- Enter a New password and enter it again below Confirm new password. The password must be from 7 to 20 characters long and must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. You'll be prompted if the two passwords don't match.
- Select Change Password. After you see the success message, close the dialog box. Now you're ready to connect to your account with FTP.
- To add more FTP users, see the Plesk documentation for adding FTP accounts.
- Here are the steps for moving your Plesk website using FTP.
- To sign directly in to Plesk, in a browser go to https://[your domain name]:8443. You'll be prompted for your Plesk username and password - which are the same as your FTP username and password. For more, visit the Plesk documentation.