Configuring the SMTP Relay Server on Your Linux Server Using Simple Control Panel
Before configuring your SMTP relay server, check the Hosting Control Panel to see which mail server you should use. For more information, see Find your email relay server.
To Configure the SMTP Relay Server on Your Linux Server Using Simple Control Panel
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Enter the following line into
/etc/postfix/main.cfusing a text editor of your choice:relayhost = [dedrelay.secureserver.net]
- The Postfix mail service will need to be reloaded for the changes to take effect. Use the following command to reload the Postfix mail service on your server:
service postfix reload
- Use the following command to check the Postfix SMTP relay server setting:
grep relayhost /etc/postfix/main.cfIf the SMTP relay server is configured properly the command should return the following:relayhost = [dedrelay.secureserver.net]