Connect my online store to Facebook and Instagram
Connect your online store to Facebook and Instagram to automatically sync your store product catalog with your Facebook catalog. Then you can create shoppable posts to easily share your products with your followers, and allow them to share with their friends. Customers who find your products in a shoppable post can tap a link to visit your online store and complete their purchase. You can also use Facebook Ads to get your shoppable posts found by even more people.
- You’ll need to have a Websites + Marketing Ecommerce plan (compare plans and pricing ) in order to have a store to connect.
- Even if you’ve connected to Facebook and connected to Instagram to share social posts, you still need to connect again with your store. Creating social posts and having a product catalog to create shoppable posts are two different processes, even though they use the same accounts.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- From the Dashboard, go to Online Store > Overview.
- Under the Increase Traffic section, select Connect to Facebook. (Even if you only want to create shoppable posts on Instagram, you must connect through Facebook.)
- Select Connect to Facebook again, and then sign in to your Facebook account (or create a new account).
- Follow the flow to verify who you are, give permission for GoDaddy to connect to your Facebook and Instagram accounts, and select which page you want to connect.
- Once you’re connected, you’ll see Facebook and Instagram listed as one of your Marketplaces accounts, and your store catalog will begin to sync with your Facebook catalog. It may take some time for all your products to upload. Check your status in your Facebook & Instagram Marketplace.
Note: Connecting your online store to Facebook and Instagram is available world-wide. However, Marketplaces is currently only available to customers in the United States and will be available to customers in Canada, Great Britain and Australia around Summer 2021.
- Create amazing social media or website images, which can be used if you create a social media post. Your image can also be used to create shoppable posts in Facebook and shoppable posts in Instagram.
- See errors in your Marketplaces listing under Facebook & Instagram? Go to Store > Products. Select the item that has an error and correct or add the missing information. Remember to look in the tabs, such as the Identifiers tab.
- Facebook requires a few key attributes for each of the catalog products, including an image, brand, quantity, weight and dimension. If you leave these fields empty, GoDaddy may create default values for these fields so your products may be uploaded. Otherwise, Facebook may reject products without these details.
- Marketplaces keeps these data points synchronized between your online store and Facebook and Instagram:
- Online store product URL
- Quantity and availability
- SKU (Stock Keeping Unit. It’s the number you use in your store to identify a product)
- Product ID (Universal product identifying numbers such as GTIN, UPC, ISBN, or EAN)
- Model Number
- Size and color (if available)
- Variation Groupings
- Remember, your online store and Facebook catalogs are linked. Adding and removing products from your online store will also add and remove them from Facebook and Instagram. Any updates you make in your online store will also be visible in your Facebook and Instagram catalog.