This article will go over how to connect Twitter as a Social Login option your customers can use to sign in to your WooCommerce store.
Required: WooCommerce Social Login is a premium WooCommerce extension included with Managed WordPress Ecommerce, Managed WooCommerce Stores or as a standalone purchase.
Create a new app
To connect your WooCommerce store to Twitter, you must create a Twitter app.
- Log in to apps.twitter.com.
- Click on Create App and configure the following:
- Name: Enter a name users will see when authorizing their sign in.
- Description: A short description also shown in the user-facing authorization screen.
- Website: Enter your website URL (e.g. http://www.coolexample.com/).
- Callback URL: Obtain this from your WooCommerce settings in the WordPress Dashboard. Go to the Social Login tab, click on Twitter and copy the callback URL at the top of the settings.
- Agree to the developer agreement and click Create your Twitter Application.
- Manage the new app and go to the Settings tab.
- Ensure the option to Allow this application to be used with sign in with Twitter is enabled, then select Save.
- Select the Keys and Access Tokens tab and copy the API Key and API Secret. You will use these to finish configuring your settings inside of WooCommerce.
Enter application details
- Sign into WordPress.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Select the Social Login tab and click on Twitter.
- Select Enable Twitter.
- Enter the API Key and API Secret you copied from Twitter.
- Click on Save changes.
Refer to the links below for steps on how to connect other social login methods: