Disable trackbacks and pingbacks in WordPress
Trackbacks and pingbacks are methods for alerting blogs that you have linked to them. Trackbacks and pingbacks can be disabled in WordPress when not being used, which can help prevent comment SPAM.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Look for the Default article settings section
- Uncheck the box for "Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks) on new articles"
- Click Save Changes
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.