Downgrade my Domain Protection plan
Downgrade your Domain Protection to our Full Domain Protection option, or go all the way down to just Domain Privacy. Your domain contact info won't show in the public WHOIS directory unless your Domain Privacy is turned off. You don't need to downgrade your Domain Protection before transferring or deleting your domain — we'll verify your identity to authorize those actions.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the checkboxes next to the domains you'll be updating. Or, select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Select Protection Plans from the action menu, then select Downgrade Protection Plans.
- Depending on your screen size, you may need to select the More menu and scroll down to see Protection Plans.
- Review the protection plan options and select the one that works best for you.
- If you're already on the Full Domain Protection plan, we'll default to the No Protection option, since that's the lowest protection plan available.
- Select Confirm Downgrade and then select Continue & Verify.
- Verify your identity by entering the unique code we sent to you. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
- Select Verify to finish downgrading your domain protection.
You'll see a Success confirmation after your changes are saved. It can take up to 90 minutes for the updates to show in your account.
- Review your domain contact info to ensure your details are accurate.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.
- See our refund policy for refund eligibility.
- Downgrading your domain protection does not cancel your domain name.