Enabling International Currencies with Quick Shopping Cart
With Quick Shopping Cart®, you can transact in one of several international currencies. When you switch to a new currency, Quick Shopping Cart can automatically convert pricing from the previous currency to the one you enable. The new currency symbol and converted currency values are updated in every area of your online store where pricing displays, including coupon discounts, and shipping and handling fees. All future transactions use the updated currency.
Note: Regardless of the currency you use, QuickBooks®, T-HUB, and eBay® use U.S. Dollars because of their data requirements.
To Enable International Currencies
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- In the Quick Shopping Cart list, click Manage next to the Quick Shopping Cart account you want to use.
- From the Set Up menu, under Business Information, select Store Preferences.
- Go to the Checkout — Payment Rules tab.
- In the Currency section, next to the Store Currency field, click Edit. The Edit Store Currency window opens.
- From the Store Currency list, select the type of currency you want to accept in your Quick Shopping Cart store.
Note: Changing the currency you accept updates all of your prices throughout your store when you publish, with the exception of coupon pricing, which updates immediately when you save your changes.
- Under Currency conversion, select how you would like to handle the pricing conversion for your currency change. You can:
- Convert currency symbol only to keep your current prices and change only the currency symbol.
- Convert both currency symbol and prices using the OANDA-certified rate to update your current prices based on the OANDA-certified currency exchange rate.
- Convert currency symbol and prices using your chosen rate to update your current prices based on a currency exchange rate you specify.
- Click OK. The currency is enabled.
You must re-publish your online store for the changes to take effect.
To view a list of available currencies, see What currencies can I use?.