Find and replace with a WordPress plugin
The easiest option for replacing data within your WordPress database is to use a plugin. They're useful for changing the domain, or any other information for your WordPress site. A common plugin used for this is Search & Replace by Inpsyde.
- Log in to WordPress.
- Search for and install the Search & Replace plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to Tools > Search & Replace.
- Under the Backup Database tab, click on Create SQL File.
- Pick a set of steps based on what you need to replace:
- Click on the Replace Domain URL tab.
- Enter your new domain into the 'Replace with' field.
- Click Do Replace Domain/Url.
- Click on the Search & Replace tab.
- Fill out the 'Search for' field with the data you want replaced.
- Fill out the 'Replace with' field with the new data.
- Click Do Search & Replace.
This will create a backup of your database before making any changes.
Change WordPress domain URL
Replace other data
- Check out the developer's plugin page for more information about the Search & Replace plugin.
- If you are unsure how to perform this, then one our experts can do it for you for a fee.
- Return to Database find and replace.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.