Find my FTP username and password for Web and Classic Hosting
Using FTP (File Transfer Protocol) allows you to move your website files between your Web & Classic Hosting account and your local computer. In order to use FTP, you will need to know your FTP username and password.
Note: If you've got a Linux Hosting account, follow these steps to find your FTP username, which is the same as your cPanel login.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- From the top menu bar, click Files & FTP, then select FTP Users.
- To change your FTP username or password, click the Actions dropdown for the desired user and select Change Password or Change Username.
- Fill out the necessary fields in the new window and click OK to confirm the changes.
Note: Changing your FTP username or password can take 2-4 hours to fully process.
- You can add FTP users to grant other users access to your website files.
- If you no longer want additional FTP users, you can Remove FTP users from my Web & Classic Hosting account