Getting Started with Get Found
Welcome to Get Found and congratulations! You've made a huge step toward getting your business found online. With GoDaddy Get Found, you'll attract more customers to your business by being listed on top sites like Google®, Bing and Yelp.
We know you're anxious to get started, but first thing's first — let's get you set up and ready to rock and roll! Follow the information below to set up your profile to help customers find your business.
Entering Your Business Information
The very first choice you'll have to make when you launch Get Found is whether your business is considered a "Brick & Mortar" or "Service Area" operation. To understand the difference, see Is My Business Eligible?.
You'll also be asked to choose a Primary Category that best describes your business. Get Found does a great job of selecting likely categories on the fly, making it easy for you to complete the form. But if you want learn more, see Using Get Found's Business Categories.
To Enter Your Business Information
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Get Found, and then click Manage.
- In the Select Your Business Type window, select Brick & Mortar (the default) or Service Area.
- Click Next and Get Found displays business examples based on your choice in Step 3.
- Begin entering a word to describe your business in the Primary Category and Get Found immediately displays likely choices.
- Choose a suggestion from the menu and click Next.
- Use the Review Your Business Information window to enter the details of your business, including name, phone and address and click Next.
- If Get Found cannot validate your address, you'll see this error message: "Oops! We couldn't validate this address. Please verify your address with the USPS database and try again." Make sure you've entered the correct address, check the USPS database or see Why my Business Information may be rejected.
- Get Found will attempt to verify your business:
- If Get Found finds a listing for your business on our partner sites, it will walk you through several Match & Verify choices by asking you to choose between similar listings from those sites. After making your choice, click Next and repeat the process until you're done.
- If Get Found does not find your business listed with any of our partner sites, it will ask you to verify your business by one of three methods: email, phone or document upload. Click Next to continue and, to better understand your options, see Verifying Your Business with Get Found.
Before your business is published to our partner listings, your information will be reviewed for quality and may be reformatted to meet our publishing partner guidelines.
- Click ADD MORE INFO to dive into the first action option. (When you're done with the options, click the Finish button and you'll be returned to your Get Found Profile page.)
- Click Skip Tour in any of the What's Next screens to jump to your Get Found Home page.
- Click Next to explore the other three What's Next options.
- To boost your business's ranking in third-party search results, consider adding more details to your profile. To learn how, see Adding Details to Your Get Found Business Profile