Hide the login page on my WordPress site
To add an additional layer of security to your WordPress site, you can replace the default login URL with a custom one. It'll help prevent bad actors from finding and misusing the login page.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Install and activate the WPS Hide Login plugin.
- On the left-side menu, select Settings, and then WPS Hide Login.
- Next to Login URL, enter a new, custom login URL. We recommend saving the new URL in a text editor of your choice to make sure you don’t forget it.
- (Optional) Next to Redirection URL, enter a new, custom redirection URL. This'll change the redirection page visitors are sent to when they try to access the default WordPress login URL (example.com/wp-login.php).
- Select Save changes.
The next time you want to access the login page on your site, you should use the new login URL. Attempts to visit wp-login.php or the wp-admin directory will result in getting sent to the Redirection URL. If you want to disable the custom login URL, deactivate the WPS Hide Login plugin.
- For issues related to the WPS Hide Login plugin, check out the plugin developer support forum.
- Here's how to secure your WordPress site.
- If you forget your custom URL, you can disable the WPS Hide Login plugin in the database and sign in on the default WordPress login page.