I can't access my multi-factor authentication method
If an admin needs to help a user with their multi-factor authentication (MFA) method, like when they've lost their phone or uninstalled the Microsoft Authenticator app, they can clear the method. Clearing the method won't remove it completely, so we recommend deleting it and setting up a new one afterward. It's always a good idea to have an extra sign-in method in case there are any problems with the primary one.
These instructions are for Microsoft 365 accounts. If you lost access to the method used to sign in to your GoDaddy account, cancel two-step verification (2SV) instead.
- Sign in to the multi-factor authentication page. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- Select the checkbox next to the user having MFA changed.
- Under quick steps, select Manage user settings.
- Select the Require selected users to provide contact methods again checkbox.
- Select save. The user can now set up MFA again.
The user whose sign-in method was reset will need to delete the method they can no longer access.