Remove a connection from my domain
Remove your domain connection to other sites, such as Instagram or Squarespace, to use your domain with a different product or service. You'll need to remove the connection before you can edit your A record or set up domain forwarding, because connecting your domain to another site will lock those DNS records.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select DNS to view your DNS records.
- Above your records table, select Remove next to your template name (e.g., Squarespace or Instagram).
- Confirm removal by selecting Yes, let's do it!.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Change your A record to connect to your hosting account, or forward your domain to another site.
- Create a new Websites + Marketing website and get connected with professional email.