Remove web access to directories
You can remove all Web access to a directory on your Windows hosting account by removing the "Anonymous Access" IIS Setting for that directory. The result of removing this permission is that you can only access that directory from with your hosting account or via FTP. You will not be able to access the directory through any Web browser, regardless of whether you are knowledgeable of the hosting account user name and password.
To Remove Web Access to a Directory Using IIS Settings
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Tools section, click IIS Settings.
- Select the appropriate directory or directories and click Edit.
- Make sure Anonymous Access is not checked, and then click OK.
For additional information on IIS Settings, see What do the different IIS settings do?