Run a traceroute in macOS
If you are running macOS X, use Terminal to run the trace route.
- Launch Terminal (found in the Applications > Utilities folder).
- In the Terminal window, enter
traceroute www.myDomainName, where myDomainName is the domain (plus its suffix, like .com) you want to trace.
- Press Return. The trace route appears in the Terminal window. The trace route is complete when you see the name of your Mac (like "My-MacBook") at the end of the numbered list.
- Select the results, and then right-click and select Copy or press COMMAND+C to copy the text.
- Paste the text into a text editor (such as TextEdit) and save the file.