Setting up Email on Your Virtual Private Server
You can use the Parallels Plesk Panel control panel to set up an email account for a domain name on your Virtual Private Server (VPS).
To Set up Email on Your Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel as admin.
- Click Domains.
- Click Control Panel for the domain name you want to add email aliases to.
- Click Create Email Address.
- Select Mailbox, and then enter an email address for this email account. For example, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the mailbox size. You can leave the default value, or set a custom size.
- Enter a password for the email account, and then confirm the password.
- Select Mailbox, and enter the mailbox quota.
- Click OK.
Once you have created your email account, you can further customize the settings from within Parallels Plesk Panel, or you can connect to your account using an email client.
Your POP3 and SMTP setting for this email account is mail.example.com, where example.com is your domain name. Your incoming user name for the account is email@example.com. The outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication and uses the same user name and password as the incoming (POP3) server.
For more information about setting up email accounts in Parallels Plesk Panel, you can take a look at the Plesk documentation on Parallels' website.