Should I choose a Windows or Linux hosting account?
We get this question all the time! For either kind of hosting, you use a web browser like Firefox, Chrome or Safari to manage your account and websites. So you can run your Windows Hosting account from a MacBook, or a Linux Hosting account from a Windows laptop. You can install popular web apps like WordPress on Linux or Windows Hosting. It doesn't matter!
So why should I pick Linux Hosting?
For most people, Linux Hosting is a great choice because it supports just about everything you need or want in your website from WordPress blogs to online stores and more.
- You don't need to know Linux to use Linux Hosting.
- You use cPanel to manage your Linux Hosting account and websites in any web browser.
So why should I pick Windows Hosting?
Windows Hosting also supports just about everything most people need or want in their websites.
- You must use Windows Hosting if you need or want to use MS-SQL databases, ASP.NET, or .NET Core on your website. These all require Windows OS running on your server.
- You use Plesk to manage your Windows Hosting account and websites in any web browser.
Note: Check with your web developer to make sure, but if you don't have a developer or you're just not sure what MS-SQL, ASP.NET and .NET Core are... go with Linux Hosting.
- Learn more about Linux Hosting plans
- Find out about Windows Hosting plans