Switch my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Outlook (iOS)
If you're using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here). If you see email in your inbox, continue to the next step.
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Download it at the iTunes App Store and follow these steps to set it up.)
- Tap Menu > Settings.
- Tap Add Mail Account > Add Email Account.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and tap Add Account.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 password and tap Sign In. (You might need to choose your account type as Work or School.)
- Your Microsoft 365 account now shows in Settings. Go to your Inbox to check your email.
Note: If you forgot your email password, here's how to reset it.
Compare your POP/IMAP and Exchange accounts. If your email is in Exchange, remove the POP/IMAP version from your device.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.