Switch my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Samsung Email (Android)
If you're using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here). If you see email in your inbox, continue to the next step.
- Open your Android's Email app.
- New users: you'll see Set up Email.
- Existing users: select Menu, tap Settings, and select Add account.
- Tap Office 365.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 email address and tap Next.
- You'll go to your sign-in page. Enter your Microsoft 365 Email and Password, and tap Sign In. You might need to choose your account type as Work or School to continue.
- If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled, follow the prompts to set up one of the available options, or verify your account using your existing MFA method. If security defaults are enabled, set up MFA on the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- Permit Samsung Email to access your email account. Select the check box next to Consent on behalf of your organization and tap Accept.
- The Email app automatically checks your settings. Under Manual setup, tap Done. You can come back and edit these settings at any point.
- Edit your Account name (if you want) and tap Done. This name is visible to recipients when you send email, so you might want to use your business name here.
- Microsoft 365 is now set up on your Samsung Email app. You'll see your inbox.
If Microsoft can't find your account, you'll be asked to enter your details manually:
• Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
• Server: outlook.office365.com
• Domain\username: \[Microsoft 365 email address] (example: \firstname.lastname@example.org)
Compare your POP/IMAP and Exchange accounts. If your email is in Exchange, remove the POP/IMAP version from your device.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.