Troubleshoot: Payee is not currently payable error message
If there’s a banner in your Reseller Commission Report that says that your payee account isn’t currently payable, there’s a problem with your payee account info. Once you’ve fixed the issue, you should begin receiving your commission payments.
Note: You can’t change which payee account is associated to your reseller account. However, you can update your payee account information at any time to adjust the payment details.
- To track down the issue, first make note of the bolded Payee nickname that’s mentioned in the error message.
- Go to your GoDaddy My Profile page and select Payees.
- Click View/Edit next to the Payee that was mentioned in the error message.
- Check the four sections listed at the top of the screen. When all sections are correctly filled out, you’ll see a green circle around each step at the top of the page.
- If one section doesn’t have a green circle around it, there’s a problem with the information in that section.
- In the example below, the Tax Forms still need to be completed.
- Select Edit in the Payment Details Entry screen.
- Review and update your payee information as needed.
- This error message is often caused by an issue with your tax form. Make sure to fill out the form accurately and completely. Our Compliance team will verify your form and contact you within a few hours of submission if any additional information is needed.
- Once you’ve completed your payee account updates, wait a few hours and then check Reports > Commissions in the Reseller Control Center. The error should no longer appear.
- If it’s been a few hours since you submitted your updates and you’re still seeing an error message, please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.