What does my domain transfer status mean?
When you transfer your domain, whether you're transferring it from another GoDaddy account or a completely different company, it might go through different statuses during the process. You can check the current status of your domain transfer anytime in your account, and use this list as a handy reference guide.
Account transfer statuses
You might see these statuses during the process of transferring domains between GoDaddy accounts.
- Waiting for you to accept: You need to accept the domains into your account before the transfer can finish.
- Waiting to be accepted: The domains need to be accepted by the recipient before the transfer can finish.
Registrar transfer statuses
You might see these statuses during the process of transferring domains between registrars.
- Domain locked: Your domain is still locked at your current registrar. You'll need to unlock your domain, then restart the transfer in your GoDaddy account.
- Missing auth code: Your transferred domain is missing the authorization code. You'll need to get the auth code from your current registrar, then enter it in your GoDaddy account.
- Invalid auth code: The authorization code you entered for your domain transfer is invalid. Verify the correct auth code with your current registrar, then update the auth code in your GoDaddy account.
- Registrant eligibility unverified: Some domains have special eligibility requirements for registration and transfers. Don't worry — our GoDaddy Guides are here to get you squared away.
- Registry lock: Your domain is locked at the registry level. Your current registrar will need to review the lock and get it removed, then you can restart the transfer in your GoDaddy account.
- Transfer denied: The transfer was denied by your current registrar. Check with them to resolve any issues, then restart the transfer once things are resolved.
- Unknown error: We're having trouble transferring your domain. Our GoDaddy Guides will need to investigate the issue to get your transfer moving.
- 60-day lock: Looks like your domain was registered or transferred less than 60 days ago. ICANN doesn't allow registrar transfers within 60 days of those events. We'll automatically process your transfer when the 60-day lock is lifted.
- In progress: Your domain transfer is processing without issue and should be completed within 5-7 days.
- Complete: Your domain transfer to GoDaddy has completed and is ready to be put to work.
- Canceled: Your domain transfer was canceled, but if you've changed your mind, you can start a new transfer any time.
- Expired: Your domain transfer expired due to inactivity. Still want to transfer your domain? We've got you covered.
- Transfer your WordPress site and Microsoft 365 to GoDaddy to manage your online presence in a single account.