What shows in the WHOIS directory?
All eligible domains registered through GoDaddy have their domain contact info automatically substituted with proxy details through our privacy service provider, Domains By Proxy®. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, or ICANN, requires us to gather contact information for the person or business registering the domain name, known as the Registrant or Domain Holder. Your contact info will still be on the domain, but proxy details will be used at the Registry and on the GoDaddy WHOIS directory. Domains By Proxy® isn't available on some domain extensions.
Domain Name: The domain name
Registry Data: The registry for the domain
Updated Date: The date the domain was last updated
Creation Date: The date the domain was originally registered
Expiration Date: The expiration date for the domain
Registrar Data: The registrar where the domain was registered
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: 2155 E GoDaddy Way
Registrant City: Tempe
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85284
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4806242599
Registrant Fax: +1.4806242598
Registrant Email: the domain email@example.com
- Expose your contact info and show your registrant details on the GoDaddy WHOIS directory.
- Set up 2-step verification for the best security on your domains and account.
- Make sure you turn on auto-renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- Some domains aren't eligible for privacy protection, due to registry restrictions, including some country-code domains. Review the Domain Name Registration Agreement for details.
- These rules also apply to the contact information you have in the technical and administrative contact sections for the domain.
- If you've decided to invoke Nominet's WHOIS opt-out policy, your contact information visibility will be determined by that policy, regardless of what protection privacy settings your domain is set to at GoDaddy.
- WHOIS contact details will not be made available via automated bulk lookup points over Port 43.
- GoDaddy has no control over what information a third party WHOIS directory displays.